08 September 2014

My Plate Monday

Food & Fitness Journal Week of August 31st through September 6th 
Nicole Fearns
Thursday
Finally.  I'm figuring out the power of momentum.  Beginning each morning with a brisk walk rain or shine with the dogs gives me an added boost and certain desire to continue doing physical activity that challenges me to consume a good breakfast and focus on something other than feeling like I've wasted daylight.  Check out these motivional quotes from fellow fitness gurus.  I'm adding updates on a daily basis to be published weekly starting today for the vetticallydriven.blogspot.com page and of course earlier this week for walkingdawgs.blogspot.com.  Just for a glance back at some recent activity and to keep myself happy.  I love to write and stay busy turning regular stuff into a fitness focused activity.


This afternoon I decided to make the short trip to the grocery store via bicycle.  Before leaving I made sure to double check the pantry and refrigerator for the items on my list, making sure not to pick up something already on hand.  As usual, getting to the store by means of bicycle is always fun.  Started the short shopping experience by picking up lunch meat from the deli and the rest was produce.  Checked out, loaded groceries into my backpack and was back at the house in no time.  All is well, I'm unloading groceries anticipating the delicious lunch about to be prepared, only to realize I've forgotten the main ingredient for cucumber dressing..THE CUCUMBERS!  

Friday/Saturday



Saturday morning and I'm trying to remember how I did mealtimes yesterday.  Nothing significant stands out.  This morning I'm doing a continental style breakfast at home.  For exercise yesterday I remember taking the dogs for a walk then giving them a bath in the morning and doing some lawn work in the afternoon.  Apparently I slept in this morning.  Dealing with a couple who regularly give in to the demands of their sweet tooth, the meal this morning was completed with a delicious slice of chococlate pudding pie.  The best part of these store bought pies are the chocolate graham crust.  Very rich and I especially enjoyed the generous whipped topping.  This completed the breakfast that began with boiled eggs, toast, orange juice and complimented the coffee.  Maybe I have a slight problem with carbs.  Now I recall what I had last night and the morning before for breakfast.  Bagels with cream cheese.

Aside from the meals Ive  consumed and exercise I've done, taking a look at myself as a whole also helps to gage the progress I've made over the week.  Mental and physical health are hand in hand.  This morning I feel the part more than I look it.  Wearing cosmetics sparingly and fixing my mane help project an image of happy, health conscious adult woman.      


As an early dinner I was delighted by the take out bbq Jesse had a taste for.  He drove to Pappys while I finished up with some #FieldDayFriday chores around the house.  The order he placed will surely last us through dinner tomorrow night.  They must have huge portions.  I was still in doing chores mode so pictured above is the creation; a little baked beans, some green beans, and smoked meat with a drizzle of their original sauce.