16 February 2014

Runners Crud

The symptoms are different for everyone.  They aren't specific but usually mimic alergies or the Flu. 

My version of the Crud usually gets triggered in combination with menstrual influences.  I'm aware of this now.  When paired with regular physical activity I'm able to manage this unpleasant plague like illness. 

It's an attack for me on mental and emotional well being.  A test of my tolerance.  How many good training habits will I unlearn?  How unpleasant can I be?  How much will the universe seem to mock me while I'm isolated?   How long will I cry wolf or remain silent? 

The Crud leaves me question-less while tuning into the news.  Following a conversation becomes unusually difficult.  Is it my fault as an attractive spoken for heterosexual woman and those like me that men are announcing their homosexuality? 

Reading anything currently trending feels like I've put on a helmet and can't figure out how to unhear what I'm listening to.  I become a hypochondriac, and insist there might be another human presence nearby when there shouldn't be. 

I'm ashamed of not having the strength or will to complete tasks or be pleasant in general while suffering with the Crud. 

The Crud by definition can be found here